Monday, August 16, 2010

A new blog is born

My shingles are almost healed thankfully. This quiet time has given me pause to consider my future and I have a few decisions to make about courses to take and my direction for the next couple of years. Nothing too drastic, but I've been coasting along for a while now and feel it's time to focus on some personal goals.

One decision made already is to start a new blog dedicated entirely to my passion for historic costume. I have a small collection of antique underwear, some babies wear and other interesting costume accessories. In the past I made theatrical costumes and in the last few years have found myself concentrating on historical reproduction sewing, so those interests will be explored further on the new blog which I've called Camisoles to Bustles. Hope you pop over an have a look? I'm progressively moving old posts from my costuming blog Lady Janes Wardrobe and that will now concentrate on other types of costume sewing.

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm so glad to hear your shingles are much better! btw - I really like your header picture - the little girl giving the plate to the kitten is SO cute!

Erica said...

I've heard of illness being the source of life changing experiences, but I didn't expect shingles to do it, LOL
glad you're over them.

If it's any good for your collection I've got a very old pair of stockings still in their cardboard box - brand Dia-Monde by Beau-Monde, I'll hang on to them til we catch up and you can see if you want them.