Saturday, October 04, 2008

TIF September finished !




Sharon's theme for September was lists. In a previous post I showed progress on a workshop taken at our Embroiderers' Guild NSW recently, and promised to finish it by the end of September. Well, I ALMOST made it, a few days later than planned, but hey! who's counting ?

This little fairy slipper was inspired by an article in "Stitch" by the Embroiderers' Guild UK. Our version uses Angelina fibres and a red chiffon scarf fused to yellow felt for the uppers, while the sole is fused with purple velvet and gilded. I also painted inside the upper with Lumiere paint in gold, even though you can't see it unless you peer inside. All self-respecting fairies should have a little gold on their slippers, don't you think? This one has a definite Arabian Nights feel to it, probably helped by the wired toe which is slightly kicked up with a little gold beed on the point.

I'm pretty pleased with it and very happy to have completed a project for one more month of the TIF challenge. Let's be truthful here, I haven't been able to show too much actual stitching just lately for various reasons, not the least of which is my ongoing committment to volunteering at historic houses etc.

6 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

aaawww....very sweet little slippers! It's not easy to work in such a miniature size & you did a great job.

Clare Wassermann said...

I would just love a pair of those slippers in my size! I have just started felting - it's great fun and nicely unpredictable! x

Margaret said...

It is adorable - does it inspire you to make cute little elf booties for the new little one for a Christmas photo?
Margaret

mzjohansen said...

Oh ! I can just see these on a precious little garden diva - I LOVE them !

Art4Sol said...

I love your little slippers; they are so sweet. I enjoy doing embroidery work on wool fabric. You've given me inspiration. Darlene

Anonymous said...

Oooh, these are scrumptious! Lovely work on your blog. Thanks for the nice comment on mine. You asked about my fabric pellets. I just bunch them up and stitch them on without any glue. They would be challenging for kids to do that way. I've never tried using glue with them, but if you try it, please let me know how it works. I teach kid classes too and would like to know how they do with it.