Friday, June 04, 2010

Needle Lace Talk

I've just joined another Ning group, this time about another of my passions at the moment, needlelace. I was searching my files for a photo of an ATC I made for Susan Lenz's exhibition Cyber Fiber in South Carolina. I put my one and only completed sample of Aemelia Ars style needlelace on it and sent it to her in exchange for one of her own. Must have deleted that photo, or I've filed it somewhere strange. So I had to pop over to her blog scroll down to find my ATC and save it again. So here it is, a well travelled ATC not looking too shabby for my first attempt and a real tribute to the teaching skills of Margaret Stephens my fabulous tutor. I used olive coloured swarovski crystals, gold beads and gold tiny sequins to add some bling to the card too.

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Needle lace is one of those things that is on my to-learn list, if I happen to live long enough to get around to it! Your atc is gorgeous.

Cobi said...

I love your needle lace. I love making it and I have patterns like the one you've made, but haven't tried this type of needle lace yet. I'm afraid I don't have anyone to teach me. I have to figure it out on my own. Yours is perfectly made for a first. Very even and I love the added bling.