Wednesday, December 06, 2006

It can't be December already!


Such a busy time. Parties and gatherings every couple of days, much too much eating and drinking taking place. At least my kids' group had a nice party day, a simple felt Christmas project then we all shared afternoon tea. I put up some decorations in the hall, and asked the kids to all help decorate a little tree. Christmas is not so magical without little ones in the home, so I really enjoy my kids at embroidery group at this time of year. On Monday I had to take a "bag challenge" project to my patchwork group Christmas party. As usual, I had procrastinated over design and fabric for so long that time had beaten me, so on Sunday night I decided to whip up this little miniature tote which will do double duty as a Secret Santa gift for a fellow miniature enthusiast. It measures 1 3/4 inches x 1 1/4 inches, is made of homespun and decorated with some canibalised suffolk puffs
(yo yos) from my mini quilt project. The straight sewing is over 3 or so threads of the fabric (thank goodness for good magnifying glasses) and took about 4 hours to make. Yes, in that time I could have sewn a full size bag by machine I hear you say, but would I have had so much fun ??
This week I have also attended the end of season show for the Dancing Studio I sometimes work for, got a credit in the programme and all. There is a certain amount of satisfaction in seeing your creations on the stage, even if some of the costumes weren't worn correctly !! This weekend we have Open House day at Linnwood, and I have spent several days helping set up an exhibition of all our donations received in the last 4 years. We have some quite delightful groupings of items, clothing and accessories, kitchenalia, war momentos, tools, lighting, handcrafts and laundry items just to name a few. I'll try to get a couple of photos to post on Sunday.

No comments: