Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas Holiday Projects


Isn't it funny how Christmas time brings family memories flooding back? I remember how excited my own 4 littlies used to get at this time of year, "How long till Christmas, Mum?" and trying to buy or make the perfect gifts for each of them. One year I made a full doll's cot set for one of the older girls, little quilted blanket (my first attempt at quilting) and pillow and lacy skirt for the cot and all. We still have the cot in the shed, and I found the little quilt the other day in the linen cupboard while putting things away. Over the years I made lacy potpouri pillows for my aunties, homemade lollies, and lots of other things too numerous to mention. There is one WIP gift that my mother keeps reminding me about. I bought her a kit at a craft show when my step father first took ill, thinking she could relax and stitch. It is a coloured candlewicked dresden plate design pillow, quite nice really, but she thought I should do it for her as she couldn't concentrate well. That was 5 years ago. It is still unfinished. My WIP list is 3 pages long you know. I suppose I should get to it fairly soon though, mum isn't getting any younger and I'm sure she would like to see it finished. So would I, so I've moved it higher on the list of to-dos this holidays. I've also bought some fabric and some thread suggestions for an online Round Robin Band Challenge , the first band stitched is due in February so that is also on the list. The fabric is 25 count Lugarna, and these are some of my favourite colours at the moment.

No comments: