Friday, March 14, 2008

TIF Challenge March - something positive !

I decided to begin this post with something positive for a change, VBG. I'm positive that I won't be finishing the March challenge in the next few days !! In fact, I've only just selected the coloured threads, and I've NO IDEA what I'm going to do with them. Even though I've been dropping hints like falling Autumn leaves (oh ! NO!! That darned song is in my head again!) my DH has not yet declared that we are having a short holiday over Easter. So unless I take the initiative and book somewhere, I guess we're not going away. That should give me some more time to stitch and I'll just have to wait till late April for my trip, as we are supposed to be going on an Executive Retreat with his firm.

I check my Google Reader daily for updates from some of the participants in the TIF Challenge, and I'm amazed at the diversity of the projects people design. I tend to stick with what I know, but this is supposed to be a "Take it Further Challenge". I'd like to use it as a way to push myself into different areas I haven't explored, or have only touched on in courses and never done again. Perhaps I should leaf through my resource and reference books from the 4 years of studies I took through the Embroiderers' Guild of NSW. I took their Basic Course and then the Embroidery By Design Course (formerly the Intermediate Certificate)and really enjoyed them. Then I might rekindle interest in a technique and that will lead to a design idea. I think sometimes we do these courses, and then file the information away, till something like this comes along and sparks our creative fire again. Whew, all these "firey" references, can you tell I'm suffering with the heat? We're having a snap heatwave in Sydney, Summer hasn't quite finished with us yet after all.

No comments: