Monday, August 20, 2007

August Stitches and Craft Show, Rosehill

This week promises to be hectic around here. It's the Stitches and Craft Show at Rosehill Gardens Racecourse again, and the last opportunity to advertise the Embroiderers' Guild 50th Anniversary Exhibition and Festival to a captive audience, hee hee (click on link on sidebar for more details) The Guild Groups which loosely border the Great Western Highway out of Sydney agreed last year to act as hostesses, and I offerred to be the co-ordinator. Did I mention that I'm a compulsive organiser? I've spent several days contacting hostesses, arranging for work to be sent in, and collecting all the Guild information we usually display. I'm getting a ride to the Show tomorrow to set up, the best bit of the whole experience in my opinion. You get to see behind the scenes and get an early-bird look at what's going on the various stands and displays. I'll be there for the next 5 days I think, so will try to take a few photos of the general area to add to the blog. I usually come home with several more pieces of must-have fabric and threads, the odd reference book, and the latest gadget. Thank goodness I no longer have a credit card, so easy to overspend without realising it.

No comments: