Monday, August 27, 2007

Craft Show roundup.

The sun is shining, the birds are announcing that Spring is fast approaching, and I'm sitting here musing "What was I thinking, volunteering for 4 out of 5 days at the Craft Show???" I'm very tired and I spent a small fortune, but I don't think I was frivolous, everything will be used and enjoyed. I'm a bit reluctant to admit the total cost, but here is the shopping list.

2 packets tiny hand dyed lace motifs suitable for crazy patchwork embellishment, 4 pkts bulk silk embroidery ribbon, ergonomic rotary cutter for sewing, short quilting ruler, long quilting ruler, 10 fat quarters (or is that 12) for my ongoing scrappy old fashioned florals quilt, gorgeous piece of fabric from Logans (no affils etc.) with co-ordinating fabrics, 3 vintage Australian Home Journal magazines, 4 metres of beautiful beaded trim for my 1890's vintage dress I'm planning, a hand felting tool and mat with a cot blanket piece and wool rovings, oh, and a Bernina Activa 240 sewing machine.

Yes, you read that correctly, I finally decided to update my domestic machine. Eventually I'll have to give up sewing on the industrial due to my arthritic neck and consequent hand problems, so this machine will be the one to use into my dotage. Not top of the range, but top of the medium price range machines, and no automatic embroidery which I'm never likely to need. I'm like a kid with a new toy under the Christmas tree, waiting for the day to open the box. It arrives on Wednesday week, with an introductory lesson in my home. Gee, I'll have to tidy up a bit before then!! This last week has been hectic so very little of the domestic goddess has been seen around this house!

No comments: