Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The cockatoo tree.



This hollow tree was home to many different species of birds at "Linnwood", the local historic house where I spend a lot of volunteer hours. Unfortunately, a large truck picking up a full rubbish skip took a shortcut, knocking off the overhanging limb and tearing open the side of the tree. The birds have found alternative accomodation though, and continue to nest and raise their babies in our area. Aren't they sweet, they're real characters and have distinct personalities.

1 comment:

gunnelsvensson said...

Yes, these birds are really sweet!thank you for your kind comment about my cat! She is almost well now, and I am so glad to have her. Yes, I think you have right, many creative persons have cat!
And I agree, limegreen is get always a nice touch!
and you have soon spring! Wonderful!