Thursday, January 24, 2008

January TIF Challenge finished !





I sat down after lunch today and finished assembling my little crazy scissor case from the TIF challenge block I made. It morphed from an MP3 player pouch because the foundation square was too small, that'll teach me to plan better !! I'm quite pleased with it actually, only my second ever CQ block made (the first was a kids' workshop project scroll down to post for picture.)

The photos show the front, back and the inside of the project with my "best" embroidery scissors beside it. I found a co-ordinating cotton fat quarter in my stash of small florals which I'm using for 2 different hand pieced quilt WISP's. I think I might have overdone the beading a bit, and the beaded tassel is not so practical, but a girl has to have pretty things around her all the time, doesn't she, LOL? The scissor case measures 18.5 cm including the tassel and is 11 cm wide at the top. I think I used a stitch called football stitch to join the front, must look that one up to confirm that, VBG. Bob the Quilting Cat and I look forward eagerly to the first of February for the next challenge.

15 comments:

MaryjoO said...

You must have a great feeling of double accomplishment -- what a great idea to use for the block! Lovely, lovely
MaryjoO (who should be stitching and not blog looking)

kay susan said...

I think it's lovely and in my opinion you can't have too many beads!

Hélène H said...

Very nice !

Cindy said...

Beautiful work!

Tanguera said...

It is very nice. Doesn't look at all over beaded. Wonderful.

Connie said...

Too many beads? Is that possible? It's absolutely breathtaking.

Ruth said...

Congratulations on completing your TIF piece. It's beautiful.

verobirdie said...

Loevely! Congratulations for finishing your TIF so pleasantly.

JANE said...

I love seeing CQ blocks made into things to be used! Thanks for sharing, it is a beautiful piece and a great idea!

Judy said...

I love this! It looks fantastic. Congratulations on finishing....I've only just published my first post on the Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done - love the what you came up with. :)

kay susan said...

I think the stitch you used for your seam may also be called Fishbone Joining Stitch - found it in my copy of the Needlework Development Scheme publication - And So to Embroider. I'll put a copy of it on the Flickr group.

Kim said...

It's wonderful!

Penny said...

This is lovely, congratulations.

Mary Corbet said...

Pretty! I like it a lot. And I love the fact that it's a finished "something" - great job!